Sunday, October 3, 2010

When did we grow up? (and do we have to?)

It's funny but this has been bothering me for some time now ... I don't mind doing my bit - taking care of all the fun stuff around the house -yes that's laundry, groceries, getting the food on the table and what not. But some how at the back of my mind I always feel that I'm just playing house ... I guess I'm still a kid to me :))

As nieces and nephews around me start sitting, and crawling, and walking, and talking ... start school ... I realize my complaint will soon change to "wow how fast these kids grow up!" ... but for now I'm still concerned about me - my friends and my soul sisters ... We were giggling and playing and shopping and over all enjoying the party when all of a sudden phew there's so much happening ...

Here's an example - it's the Puja weekend and I am so looking forward to dressing up - and at the back of my mind I wonder will I look like my Mom if I wear that sari or that jewelry ... it's all about "feeling" grown-up I guess .... There's probably a myriad chains of thoughts battling each other ...too much to handle for that wee little thing called a brain!

Well I guess it's all part of the mystery called Life ... and some mysteries will remain unsolved ;)

2 comments: