Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Realizations and Ramblings

All my life I have always rebelled against routine – especially as an adult. I find it pretty easy to actually follow rules (parents were pretty strict disciplinarians and so were most of our teachers at school). But routines –self imposed ones especially – never seemed a necessity in any way. Don’t know whether it’s the 30s looming large or just the thought of deciding to take on new challenges on my own but I suddenly realized that what I needed was something that I earlier scoffed at.

Life is just a tad bit bohemian - this lack of structure has perhaps always been there – I didn’t realize till very recently that I have kept in touch with only those people who’d move mountains to keep in touch with us – Yes I’m very fortunate to have this handful of people in my life but I wonder how other people make time for their families, friends, work, hobbies, and social causes, etc?

I’m guessing routines must help – since that seems to be what’s stopping me from reaching this utopic state of affairs. It could also be inertia – so will surely add an hour at the gym in that routine – have tried it earlier can’t usually last more than a month – haha. Thus the blog - to try and motivate myself to take the next step forward! If you do have any suggestions please chime in – would love to hear what works for you or what doesn’t! Meanwhile I'm off for a pedicure tomorrow - to put my best foot forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment