Saturday, October 17, 2009

Tea anyone?

'Just realized that I never got to share with you why I named my blog "over a cuppa tea." Well I do love my cup of black tea with "no sugar no milk" - thank you! But more than that studies have actually shown that the "act of making tea" - even putting the kettle of water to boil relaxes us. But uhh sometimes I do cheat and microwave the water and then use a tea bag - hehe - but holding that warm cup in hand and taking in the fragrance is surely one of my favorite moments of the day.

But sipping tea is not just about the tea actually - to me it's also about feeling all nice and comfortable and opening up! Preferably to a close confidante ... My dad was here for a few months and surprisingly once he went back to India sipping tea suddenly wasn't as fun as it used to be. I missed our "addas" - our ritualistic sessions about the past, present, future - the important and the inane.

Readjusting to tea times that are contemplative and meditative has been a task - but one that I have slowly come to appreciate as well. There is a different kind of relaxation in tea time being my time - just me and a Darjeeling, or Earl Grey - or my favorite Black Currant. And once a day when I have something to say (or not :)) - I'll sit down and type away ... about the important and the inane!

But do keep the comments coming as and when you can since that's what would make this a dialogue and not just a monologue!

No comments:

Post a Comment